Craving a crunchy snack? Learn how to make your very own tortilla chips with this easy recipe. To give your chips a little zing, try this adjustment: In step 1, add 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice to the oil and whisk until combined. Then paint the lime-oil mix on the chips before they go in the oven. You can also mix in 1 teaspoon lime zest with the salt before you sprinkle it on top. Yum!
3 to 4 Servings
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a pizza cutter
- brushing oil with pastry brush
- pizza cutter or kitchen scissors
- baking sheet
- pastry brush
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Put the olive oil into a little bowl. Dip the brush in the oil, then paint both sides of the tortillas.
- Use a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors to cut each tortilla into 8 triangles. (If you stack them, they also cut easily with a kid-safe knife).
- Spread the triangles on a baking sheet in a single layer, and sprinkle with salt, if you wish.
- Bake the chips for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Sprinkle the tortilla chips with more salt, if you like, and serve with your favorite dip!