This veggie-only take on classic Italian bruschetta is delicious and nutritious! The best part about these Cucumber Boats is that they pack in tons of flavor without filling you up, so you still have lots of room for a tasty, hearty main course. Try our Cauliflower Pizza and Garlic Knots for a full spread!
- 2 English cucumbers, quartered
- 1 large tomato, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons basil, hand torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
Kids kitchen skills:
- chopping, mincing, & dicing
- measuring cups & spoons
- knife & cutting board
- small bowl & spoon
- Chop tomato, mince the garlic, and tear the basil into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix everything together except the cucumber.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cut the cucumber into quarters. Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds.
- Place the scooped out cucumber “boat” on a plate. Using a small spoon, fill the cucumbers with the tomato filling, and dig in!