There’s just something about tea. Hot or cold, fruity or flowery, tea is a delightfully friendly and versatile drink. It comforts us in the cold and refreshes us after a long, hot summer day. Best of all, tea is the perfect companion for all kinds of tasty finger foods! This flavorful Hibiscus Iced Tea pairs perfectly with sweet or savory treats like Rhubarb Lemon Bars or Mini Quiche. Yum! So the next time you’re having a party, make it a tea party. Cheers!
2 hours 20 minutes
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 15 mint leaves
- ¼ cup honey
Kids kitchen skills:
- measuring cups
- knife & cutting board
- medium pot & masher
- bowl & strainer
- Add the water to the medium pot and heat over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, and add the loose hibiscus flowers to the pot. Cover and steep for a few minutes.
- Add the strawberries, honey, and mint. Gently mash the strawberries and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Then put the tea through a strainer to remove the leaves and seeds.
- Taste the tea and adjust the sweetness if necessary. Then pour the tea into a pitcher filled with ice, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- To serve, pour the tea into 4 glasses, garnish with fresh fruit slices, and sip away!