After your family has tried this colorful, iron-rich salad once, you'll crave it again and again. It's yummy and healthy! Serve it with the Honey Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Poppy Seed Dressing
Kids kitchen skills:
- making a salad
- cutting strawberries
- knife & cutting board
- large salad bowl
- small bowl
- salad tongs
- Remove the stems from the spinach. Tear or chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Hull and slice the strawberries into a small bowl.
- Toss the spinach with the Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Add the sliced strawberries and almonds.
- Gently toss again and serve.